Tags
+All Articles, Assassinations, Hama, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Kofi Annan, Martyrs, Syria, Syrian, SyrianFreePress, Terror Agents, Terrorist ascalation, Video
*
A new massacre has apparently taken place in Syria, in a small village near the city of Hama. So far reports are painting a very contrasting picture, but the episode appears to be eerily similar to those surrounding the bloody slaughter in the town of Houla last month. RT crosses to correspondent Maria Finoshina, who’s in Damascus.
*
Those behind Hama ‘barbaric violence’ must be severely punished – Moscow
Russia condemns “barbaric” acts of violence near the city of Hama. Individuals who masterminded and committed these crimes must be tracked down and severely punished, states Russian Foreign Ministry.
There are certain forces which do not hesitate in organizing the most cruel and villainous provocations to disrupt Kofi Annan’s peace plan for the country, said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Aleksandr Lukashevich.
In response to the Hama tragedy, consolidation of international effort is vital to back up the Annan plan, he stressed.
All external parties involved in solving the Syrian conflict must use their influence to put pressure on armed opposition groups, Lukashevich said.
“We only have one Annan plan that was approved by the UN and the entire international community. There is no second plan,” Lukashevich concluded.
The violence in Hama took place on Wednesday night. Initial reports from activists set the death toll between 80 and 100, including many women and children. However, the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, whose activists are at the scene, has only confirmed 49 deaths.
The Syrian opposition say the victims were killed by government forces, whereas the Syrian government called the Hama massacre a “monstrous crime,” saying its special forces were in the area to combat the “terrorists” behind the killings, Syrian State TV reported.
“What several media have reported about what happened in Al-Kubeir, in the Hama region, is completely false,” the Syrian government said in a televised statement.
They also say that the number of dead has been grossly exaggerated, reporting nine victims – referring, it seems, to civilians only.
“A terrorist group committed a heinous crime in the Hama region which claimed nine victims. The reports by the media are contributing to spilling the blood of Syrians,” the government statement said.
Authorities say all of the militants responsible have been killed, with Syrian forces seizing weapons including rocket-propelled grenades.
The UN observers, who arrived to verify the exact death toll were blocked by Syrian troops from the site, mission chief Robert Mood said.
“There are 49 confirmed and identified victims in Al-Kubeir, the majority of them from the Al-Yateem family,” said Rami Abdel Rahman, head of the Britain-based Observatory. “Among the dead are 18 women and children,” he said, adding that six other people were also killed on Wednesday in a village near Al-Kubeir, which is in a farming area northwest of Hama city.
The US has also condemned the massacre putting the blame on the Assad regime. The Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called the violence in Syria “unconscionable” and said that Assad`s time is up, and he must go. On Thursday Clinton announced a new plan to remove Syrian President Assad from power.
Source: http://www.rt.com/news/russia-new-massacre-syria-266/
Reloaded by SyrianFreePress.net
*
*
*
*

Expert Sergey Demidenko from the Institute of Strategic Estimation and Analysis, comments on the situation.
“We cannot rule out that the Hula and Hama massacres were provocations. The situation is very complicated. The Ba’ath Party, as well as the Islamist governments and monarchs of the Persian Gulf states will continue to try to finish al-Assad off because so far he is the only force within the Arab world which opposes them. It is for this reason that the Syrian conflict is being stirred up and the country’s regime undermined.”
Syria’s enemies are also waging a psychological war against it. The Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya TV channels are playing the first fiddle in this campaign, coordinator of the humanitarian project The Price of Freedom Ibrahim Naovaf has told The Voice of Russia. He referred to the opinions of ordinary Syrians whom he met while shooting a documentary.
“Over 80% of Syria’s people support the president and this number is growing. Why? They are witnessing terrorist acts and violence perpetrated by militants who claim to be building so-called democracy and freedom. We will survive this, people say. We believe in our leadership, in our president. They are blaming the Persian Gulf countries, Saudi Arabia and Qatar which are openly financing the terrorists. They are also blaming the crisis on Turkey, the US, the UK and France which have imposed sanctions on Syria. What is all this talk about the West supporting Syrians when the latter are not allowed to have enough food or get education, when the West finances terrorists who kill civilians and destroy schools, hospitals and mosques?”
The mission of UN observers in Syria is planning to give its interpretation of the tragedy which took place in the village of Hula two weeks ago. Following yesterday’s massacre, the mission will be conducting a new investigation. Chances are that both of these incidents will be combined in one case to enable the observers to find out the truth and punish those guilty of mass violation of people’s right to life.
http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_06_07/77386980/
Reblogged this on Piazza della Carina.