Crimes, Crimes against humanity, Genocide, Israel, Israeli crimes, Israeli occupation forces, Israeli soldiers killed, Jenin, Khan Yunis, Moussa Abu Marzouq, Obama, Occupied Jerusalem, Occupied Palestine, Palestine, Palestine & Gaza, Palestinian resistance, south of the Gaza Strip, Syrian Free Press, War crimes, War Criminals, Zionism, Zionist entity
Israeli occupation forces breached the ceasefire. A series of night raids into Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, have devastated the houses of the area, causing dozens of deaths. The number of Palestinian deaths exceeds 1600.
The night bombing of a densely populated area indicates the clear homicidal intention of the Zionist entity, to hit the population during sleep, in their homes, causing the maximum number of civilian casualties.
It comes to unforgivable crimes, which will be etched in the memory and history as a disgrace and eternal condemnation of Zionism and of all political, religious, financial factions that support it.
Just today, the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly approved an emergency measure that could give $225 million in additional revenue to Israel for the country’s Iron Dome missile defense system, approving also an Israeli-made request for additional rounds of ammunition.
The number of Palestinians killed during Israel’s weeks-long offensive in Gaza hit more than 1,600 on Friday after at least 50 Palestinians were killed in the south of the enclave as the fighting resumed, with Israel violating unilaterally the 72-hour ceasefire, health officials said.
About 8,500 others have been wounded during the offensives.
The death toll now surpasses the about 1,400 Palestinians killed during the Gaza war of 2008-2009.
A 72-hour ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza Strip collapsed Friday less than three hours after taking effect, with Israel accusing Hamas of abducting one of its soldiers after the start of the proposed truce.
The missing soldier was named as 23-year-old Lieutenant Hadar Goldin.
Israeli officials said Hamas fighters attacked Israeli troops during an operation to destroying a tunnel about 90 minutes after the start of the ceasefire at 8am (0500GMT).
Two soldiers were killed in the raid, according to a military spokesman.
The incident took place an hour before the ceasefire went into effect
A Hamas spokesman, Moussa Abu Marzouq, said the incident took place an hour before the ceasefire went into effect.
The agreement for the cessation of hostilities had been announced overnight by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and Kerry.
Israel had said it would continue to operate on Hamas’ tunnel network even during the ceasefire.
“The crisis in Gaza is fast spiralling out of control with water supplies critically low and a public health crisis imminent,” aid group Oxfam warned.
Andrew Gardiner, a senior official with the International Committee of the Red Cross, said that unless engineers were soon able to repair damaged water systems people could die of thirst or disease.
Gaza residents had ventured onto the streets during the first two hours of the ceasefire, in order to stock up on food, bury their dead, visit the wounded in hospital. Those displaced by bombardments tried to salvage belongings from the rubble of their destroyed homes.
But plans for engineers to fix damaged water supplies and electricity lines had to be canceled as the clashes resumed.
At least two shelters have been hit by shelling in the past week, killing and injuring dozens.
The UN is appealing for 369 million dollars in emergency aid for the densely-packed territory of 1.8 million people, half of which has been deemed unsafe for civilians.
The U.S. Senate instead, overwhelmingly approved an emergency measure that could give $225 million in additional revenue to Israel for the country’s Iron Dome missile defense system, approving also an Israeli-made request for additional rounds of ammunition.
90% of Gaza casualties, killed or injured in the ongoing Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip, are civilians, European medics found out during a visit to Gaza hospitals.
The doctors said during a meeting held at Brussels Media Center on Thursday over the ongoing Israeli war crimes in Gaza: “Up to 90% of Gaza casualties are civilians, mostly women and children.”
“Hospitals, vehicles, mosques, and schools, among many other civilian shelters and refugee camps, have all been shelled in the ongoing Israeli offensive on Gaza,” the European medical delegation further reported.
“Tell me, for God’s sake, are these babies the real terrorists?” Norwegian doctor Mads Gilbert, volunteering at al-Shifa hospital in Gaza, wondered as he took photo shots of the mutilated bodies of hundreds of murdered babies.
“I’ve never, in my entire life, seen such rivers of blood,” he added.
“The total reported child casualties constitute 25% among Gaza death toll, which has topped 1400 so far,” Gilbert declared, holding the UN, Obama, and the European countries as responsible for such genocides as the Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu.
News from Local Palestinian reports
Videos by PressTV & Russia Today Televisions