Around 100 Yemeni officers and soldiers were killed on Wednesday, and 250 others were injured in a Saudi-US aerial attack on Brigade 23-Mika military camp in AL-Abar area of Hadramout province east of the country.
Al-Manar TV correspondent reported that the Saudi-led bombardment on Yemen targeted ammunition warehouses and oil tankers.
Brigade 21-Mika is also deployed in the area, and militiamen of the fugitive President Abedrabbu Mansour Hadi receive their training in the place.
Sources told Al-Manar that the Brigade 21-Mika Chief of Staff was killed in the attack, along with two of pro-Hadi commanders: Brigadier General Ahmad Al-Abara and Colonel Jamil Sanhoob.
Al-Manar TV reporter said that bombing of the Brigade 23-Mika in Hadramout came after the soldiers expelled Major General Mohammad Ali Almaqdeshi, appointed by Hadi as a chief of staff and tasked with forming an alternative pro-Saudi Arabia army.
For its part, Agence France Presse quoted a Yemeni military source as saying that the Saudi warplanes bombed the Yemeni military site because a number of the Yemeni military personnel joined Houthi forces to fight the Saudi-US aggression.
Moreover, The Saudi killing machine launched an aerial raid on a popular market in Omran province , killing 7 people who were making shopping for their fast-breaking.
More than 2,800 people have been killed since the Saudi-US military campaign began on March 26. The United Nations said more than 21 million people, over 80 percent of the population, are now in need of some form of humanitarian aid.
The UN designated last week the war in Yemen as a Level 3 humanitarian crisis, its most severe category.
Nationwide fuel shortages have spread disease and suffering in Yemen, where access to water usually depends on fuel-powered pumps and more than 20 million people, 80 percent of the population, needs some form of aid, according to the United Nations.
R E L A T E D :
SOURCES: Al-Manar Submitted by Cem Ertür The real SyrianFreePress.NETwork at: https://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/saud-kills-100-yemeni/ Re-publications are welcome, but we kindly ask you, to facilitate the correct information's diffusion, to cite all these original sources.
NOTE: The contents of the articles, speeches or comments on this page are of sole responsibility of their authors. The team and the editorial staff of SyrianFreePress do not necessarily subscribe every point of view expressed and are not responsible for any inaccurate, incorrect or offensive statement in this article. Complaints and corrections (verifiable) will be welcomed and accepted. Copyright owners can notify their claims to us, and the verified contents will be removed.
SCROLL DOWN TO READ OR LEAVE COMMENTS