Tags

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Mukachevo-Transcarpazia

[ENGLISH]

‘Right Sector on combat alert’: Ukraine Neo-Nazis refuse to lay down arms after shootout

Ukrainian Right Sector militants, blocked in on the outskirts of Mukachevo after deadly clashes with police, are refusing to lay down their arms without their leader’s orders. Civilians in the area have been evacuated, as negotiations so far have failed.

SWAT police and special units of the National Guard, as well as Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) agents have secured the area and blockaded members of Ukraine’s ultra-nationalist Right Sector group on the outskirts of Mukachevo, which lies a stone’s throw away from Hungarian and Slovakian border.

“To prevent possible bloodshed, the Security Service and Interior Ministry demand that the illegal armed group lays down [its] arms and surrenders,” the SBU said in a statement, adding that fighters refuse to surrender unless ordered directly by Right Sector (‘Pravy Sektor’) leader Dmitry Yarosh.

Authorities said they will do everything necessary to disarm and detain the“organized criminal group”,that killed one, and injured four civilians. Six police officers were also injured in the standoff on Saturday afternoon.

As negotiations with the cornered gang failed, security forces on Sunday night began evacuating civilians living in the vicinity of the standoff.

“Taking into account the danger for the villagers in the area where the so-called Right Sector militants barricaded themselves, the evacuation of civilians, especially children, is being carried out,” the SBU statement reads.

Ultra-nationalists claim they will not go without a fight, according to regional prosecutor spokesperson, who said Dmitry Yarosh was engaged in negotiations with the fighters over the phone.

“People in camouflage threaten to continue armed resistance,” said Victoria Popovich, cited by UNIAN news agency. “So far efforts of security forces produced no results.” The spokesperson added that fighters were given a deadline to surrender, Popovich said, however without specifying exact time frame.

1099414

‘Entire Right Sector on combat alert’

Right Sector spokesman Andrey Sharaskin told Ukraine’s 112 channel that all of the organization’s fighters have left their positions in the country’s eastern Donetsk Region, where Kiev is conducting a military operation against rebels, and returned to their bases.

As for reserve the battalions, “over 10,000 [Right Sector] activists have been mobilized all across Ukraine” due to tensions with the authorities, Sharaskin added.

During a press conference in Kiev, Right Sector spokesman, Artem Skoropadsky, said the organization’s leader, Dmitry Yarosh, hasn’t given an order to his fighters to lay down their arms.

“Until such an order is given they (the fighters) are not going to surrender or give up their weapons,” Skoropadsky stressed.

The spokesman emphasized that besides the forces involved in the fighting in eastern Ukraine, the Right Sector has around 20 reserve battalions in Lvov, Krivoy Rog and elsewhere in the country.

Those units can be put to use if the Ukrainian authorities decided to make a stand against the radical nationalists, he warned.

“The Right Sector is the party of direct action. If they will not hear us, we will have to communicate in other ways,” Skoropadsky said.

He threatened that all of the reserve battalions will be sent to “the Presidential administration and the Interior Ministry so that [Interior Minister Arsen] Avakov and President [Petro Poroshenko] could themselves witness the number of people in the Right Sector.”

Skoropadsky said that nothing has changed under Poroshenko’s rule compared to the times of his predecessor Viktor Yanukovich, whom the Right Sector helped ouster in February 2014.

The current president is to blame for “chaos, murder, corruption, lack of lustration, the return of old Yanukovich era officials, lack of reform and everything that is happening now,” he stressed.

Late Saturday, Right Sector issued a statement saying that two of their fighters had been killed and four other wounded during the initial standoff in Mukachevo. The statement added that “the entire Right Sector military and political movement has been placed on combat alert.”

Members of Right Sector have already began mobilizing, with ultra-nationalist crowds rallying in Kiev in front of the President Administration, as well as in Lvov and Dnepropetrovsk.

“Our brothers acted within the framework of necessary defence,” Yarosh wrote on his Facebook page on Sunday, adding that the Right Sector “calls to continue protests for indefinite term until those guilty in the tragedy are arrested.”

According to the group, the culprits are local MP Mikhail Lanyo, one of the negotiators on the Donbass issue from Kiev, Viktor Medvedchuk. The Right Sector is also calling for the resignation of the interior minister, Arsen Avakov.

On Saturday afternoon, about two dozen fighters wearing camouflage uniform bearing Right Sector insignia opened fire in a sport cafes. When police arrived, the fighters attacked law enforcement officers using Kalashnikovs, RPG-7 grenade launchers and other weapons.

The violence allegedly erupted as a result of on-going “turf war” between Right Sector members and local MP Mikhail Lanyo, who controls many businesses in the area. Meanwhile the gunmen claimed it was Lyano’s initiative to call them in for “negotiations, ” as he was outraged by the Right Sector’s successful raids to “disrupt contraband routes” he controls.

The extremists organization insists that its people did not provoke the violence and it was the fault of police, who are in bed with the corrupt politician controlling the smuggling channels in the mountainous Carpathian region.

“Members of the Right Sector’s first reserve battalion have been blocking smuggling channels for a long time,”Speaker for the Right Sector Andrey Sharaskin told 112.ua.

Meanwhile the blocked fighters released a video claiming that only 12 of them arrived at the meeting and were greeted by “over 100 armed thugs sent my Lanyo.” According to their version of events, the violence began only after a group “unidentified spetsnaz” charged into the scene while the Right Sector brigade was trying to flee.

Mikhail Lanyo meanwhile claimed he had been meeting with the local Right Sector leader, because he had asked for help with arranging accommodation for fighters returning from the “anti-terrorist operation” zone in eastern Ukraine. The MP told Ukrainian channel hromadske.tv that he was not even aware something was wrong, until his aide informed him that the nationalist group waiting outside had “shot a man.”

The Saturday incident which stretched into an uneasy standoff has already been called an “act of terrorism” by Ukrainian authorities. Meanwhile Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry fears the fact that the incident that took place less than 70 km from EU borders may compromise the prospect of visa-free travel between Ukraine and the EU.

“After a real battle by Right Sector virtually on the border with EU,” the Ukrainian authorities are “bearing responsibility for not fulfilling a number of requirements” for the establishment of a visa-free regime with the EU, Ukraine’s Ambassador at Large Dmitry Kuleba wrote on Facebook. “For months we have argued, trying to convince the EU that security risks have been minimized. And we convinced them…”

Meanwhile in Russia, where Right Sector activities are banned and the group is declared extremist, the Russian foreign ministry’s envoy for human rights Konstantin Dolgov said the group has once again “shown its bandit face.”

“Kiev just can’t break up with neo-Nazis, trying to mute them,” Dolgov wrote on Twitter. “Soon it will be too late.”

Armed activists of the nationalist militia Right Sector  take position in the site of unrest in Mukhachevo, Western Ukraine,  Saturday, July 11, 2015. At least two people were killed Saturday in a gun and grenade attack in a western Ukraine city involving the country’s notorious nationalist militia Right Sector. The violence in the city of Mukhachevo, near the Polish and Hungarian borders, broke out at a sports facility reportedly controlled by a national parliament member from a faction opposed to Right Sector. (AP Photo)

Armed activists of the nationalist militia Right Sector take position in the site of unrest in Mukhachevo, Western Ukraine, Saturday, July 11, 2015. At least two people were killed Saturday in a gun and grenade attack in a western Ukraine city involving the country’s notorious nationalist militia Right Sector. The violence in the city of Mukhachevo, near the Polish and Hungarian borders, broke out at a sports facility reportedly controlled by a national parliament member from a faction opposed to Right Sector. (AP Photo)

[ITALIANO]  ~  RELATED

Ucraina: regolamento di conti tra neonazisti

L’11 luglio, presso Mukachevo, in Transcarpazia, nel caffè Antares del complesso sportivo Chervona Korka di proprietà del deputato Mikhail Lanio, scoppiava uno scontro a fuoco tra 21 neonazisti di Pravij Sektor e dei poliziotti.

I neonazisti, che avevano usato mitragliatrici e lanciagranate, erano venuti per discutere con i rappresentanti di Lanio la “redistribuzione delle sfere d’influenza” locali (contrabbando), ma la polizia giungeva sul posto per cercare di bloccarli. Almeno quattro morti (due neonazisti e due civili) e undici feriti (quattro neonazisti, cinque poliziotti e due civili) risultavano dagli scontri, mentre 3 auto e un posto di blocco della polizia, e un distributore di benzina, venivano distrutti.

In precedenza un convoglio di sette autoveicoli del nazibattaglione “Donbass” si era diretto verso la località, mentre presso il posto di blocco di Nizhni Vorota, sull’autostrada Kiev-Kop, quattro autoveicoli di Pravij Sektor erano riusciti a passare verso Mukachevo, e altri neonazisti si disperdevano nelle circostanti zone boschive di Lavki, inseguiti da una task force speciale del ministero degli Interni e del SBU.

I pubblici ministeri ucraini descrivevano l’incidente di Mukachevo come un atto terroristico. Poco dopo, Poroshenko ordinava alle forze dell’ordine “di disarmare e arrestare i criminali che hanno aperto il fuoco e ucciso dei civili a Mukachevo“. Il 12 luglio, Servizio di sicurezza ucraino (SBU) e ministero degli Interni dichiaravano di “prendere tutte le misure necessarie” per disarmare e arrestare gli uomini dell’organizzazione neonazista Pravij Sektor a Mukachevo.

“Su richiesta dei pubblici ministeri, SBU e ministero degli Interni, nel rigoroso rispetto della legislazione vigente sono pronti a prendere tutte le misure necessarie per disarmare e detenere il gruppo criminale organizzato che ha commesso i gravi reati dell’11 luglio nella città di Mukachevo usando armi, anche pesanti“, dice il comunicato pubblicato sul sito del SBU.

Le forze dell’ordine promettevano ai terroristi neonazisti di portarli a Kiev “per un’inchiesta obiettiva e imparziale” se deponevano le armi. Il ministero degli Interni e SBU si aspettavano che Dmitrij Jarosh, capo dell’organizzazione neonazista, “faccia di tutto per convincere i suoi a deporre le armi“. In effetti i neonazisti avevano detto che avrebbero posto fine allo stallo solo dietro ordine diretto di Jarosh.

Ed infatti, Jarosh ordinava ai suoi uomini di indire proteste a Kiev, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa, Zaporozhe, Ternopol, Marjupol, Kherson, Kramatorsk e Poltava per chiedere le dimissioni del ministro degli Interni Avakov, procedimenti contro gli enti locali della Transcarpazia e il deputato Mikhail Lanio, la scarcerazione dei “prigionieri del nuovo regime”, l’amnistia per gli assassini del giornalista Oles Buzina, e l’arresto dei poliziotti che secondo i neonazisti erano responsabili dello scontro di Mukachevo. In realtà, il 12 luglio, Pravij Sektor riusciva a raccogliere solo 200 manifestanti a Kiev.

Infine Pravij Sektor allertava le sue unità armate a Kiev, facendole lasciare le basi e adottando modalità operative da combattimento, mentre un suo nazibattaglione, il 5.to, lasciava il fronte per Kiev. Inoltre, i capi di Pravij Sektor accusavano ministero degli Interni e SBU di volerli distruggere, e quindi ordinavano al DUK, il braccio armato di Pravij Sektor, di eliminare a partire dal 13 luglio tutti coloro che attaccano l’organizzazione neonazista, in tutto il territorio ucraino e qualsiasi posizione occupino; nel caso di tentativi di arresto o disarmo, di aprire il fuoco; e infine di prepararsi all’insurrezione armata in tutta l’Ucraina contro “il regime criminale-oligarchico” di Poroshenko.

Pravij Sektor imponeva dei posti di blocco intorno Kiev, mentre Aleksej Bik, portavoce del 13.mo battaglione di Pravij Sektor diceva che “Sulla strada tra Zhitomir e Kiev c’era già un checkpoint” e il portavoce di Pravij Sektor Artjom Skoropadskij affermava che altri checkpoint saranno istituiti “Non solo a Kiev, ma anche in altre località, così la polizia non può passare né in Transcarpazia, né a Kiev“. Pravij Sektor sostiene di disporre di 20 battaglioni, ma solo 2 erano impegnati contro la Novorossija, essendo gli altri assegnati alla ‘riserva’. “Non possiamo ritirare gli uomini dal fronte, ma possiamo richiamare le riserve ora in addestramento”, aveva detto Skoropadskij, “Invieremo i battaglioni di riserva contro l’ufficio presidenziale e il ministero degli interni se dobbiamo“.

Difatti, però, le unità di Pravij Sektor iniziavano a disperdersi. Il 7.mo battaglione del DUK (63 elementi) aderiva al reggimento Azov; una manovra del suo comandante Ruslan Kashmala per mettersi al sicuro entrando in un’unità dipendente direttamente dal ministero degli Interni maidanista. Kashmala aveva detto di voler discuterne con Jarosh ma che “non era riuscito a raggiungerlo per telefono”, e che condannava i fatti di Mukachevo. In realtà Pravij Sektor è un’organizzazione piuttosto debole rispetto ad altre, e sebbene sia stato utilizzato da Gladio nel primo anno di guerra contro la Novorossija e per effettuare il golpe a Kiev, ora appare superflua ed imbarazzante.

Con l’attivazione di nuove unità della polizia ucraina addestrate ed equipaggiate dagli statunitensi, l’organizzazione criminal-neonazista appare sempre più sacrificabile, anche come capro espiatorio per i disastri militari ed economici della junta di Kiev.

La sua posizione appare sempre più debole, quindi non sorprende che i capi di Pravij Sektor inizino ad abbandonare il loro ducetto Jarosh, soprattutto in prospettiva di uno scontro diretto con la junta, rispetto cui in realtà appare troppo debole anche solo per potergli resistere. Intanto le forze armate ucraine inviavano un convoglio composto da 11 BTR, 2 autocarri carichi di soldati e un’autocisterna a Mukachevo, mentre il SBU a sua volta inviava 10 blindati e 2 minibus.

Preoccupati dall’estremismo neonazista “improvvisamente apparso” in Ucraina, ‘scoprendone’ perfino le connessioni con lo Stato islamico, l’ambasciata degli Stati Uniti a Kiev, l’intelligence statunitense e della NATO in territorio ucraino, si attivavano. L’assistente del segretario generale della NATO per il Caucaso meridionale e l’Asia centrale, James Appathurai, affermava: “Tutti gli Stati membri dell’alleanza vogliono vedere scomparire gli estremisti dalle Forze armate dell’Ucraina il più rapidamente possibile“. La NATO è particolarmente motivata in ciò, tanto che avviava la guerra d’informazione contro i neonazisti ucraini, affidata alla ONG “Peacebuilding UK” dello statunitense Almut Rochovansky.

La missione di “Peacebuilding UK” è colpire “Pravij Sektor“, Azov e gli altri gruppi neonazisti ultra-nazionalisti. Infine maidanisti e atlantisti avviavano una campagna di disinformazione dipingendo i neonazisti ucraini come “agenti di Putin” che ostacolano il regime di Poroshenko. Jatsenjuk e la junta di Kiev così avviano la notte dei lunghi coltelli contro l’ala neonazista della “rivoluzione della dignità”, eliminando i nazibattaglioni, inadatti a un regime post-Majdan.

Ora Kiev e Washington considerano tale variante dei nazionalisti ucraini la loro principale minaccia interna, da liquidare con urgenza”. E puntualmente, durante la riunione del Consiglio della sicurezza nazionale e della difesa del 13 luglio, Poroshenko affermava che “Nessuna forza politica in Ucraina dovrebbe essere composta da gruppi armati e bande criminali“.

Poroshenko sottolineava che le forze dell’ordine devono disarmare tutti i gruppi armati illegali in Ucraina, “Il capo dello Stato ha osservato che l’aumento della tensione sulla linea di contatto in Donbas è stranamente sincronizzata con il tentativo di destabilizzare la situazione nell’entroterra, lontano dal fronte, dove vi sono persone con armi pesanti. Il presidente ha rilevato che durante la guerra i tentativi di destabilizzare la situazione sono un potente colpo alla difesa del Paese e dello Stato, e il potere non lo permetterà“, riferiva il servizio stampa di Poroshenko. (Korrespondent)

Poroshenko quindi segue la nuova direttiva degli Stati Uniti, che tenta di consolidare la posizione di Poroshenko contro altri oramai inutili fantocci di Gladio e NATO, come Kolomojskij, Nalivajchenko e Jarosh. Davanti alle dichiarazioni di Poroshenko, Pravij Sektor iniziava a piegarsi e a trattare, nonostante i propri proclami “per continuare la rivoluzione”; il portavoce del movimento neonazista Skoropadskij diceva che le dichiarazioni di Poroshenko, sulla necessità di disarmare le milizie, non riguardavano Pravij Sektor

~

~

SOURCES:
RT News
Aurorasito [Alessandro Lattanzio]
Cassad
Cassad
Cassad
Fortruss
Fortruss
Fortruss
Fortruss
Histoire et Societé
Histoire et Societé
Novorossia
Novorossia
Novorossia
Slavyangrad
TASS
Submitted by 
The real SyrianFreePress.NETwork at:
https://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/kiev-usa-nazi-puppets/

Re-publications are welcome, but we kindly ask you,
to facilitate the correct information's diffusion,
to cite all these original sources.

NOTE: The contents of the articles, speeches or comments on this page are of sole responsibility of their authors. The team and the editorial staff of SyrianFreePress do not necessarily subscribe every point of view expressed and are not responsible for any inaccurate, incorrect or offensive statement in this article. Complaints and corrections (verifiable) will be welcomed and accepted. Copyright owners can notify their claims to us, and the verified contents will be removed.

SCROLL DOWN TO READ OR LEAVE COMMENTS

~

Advertisements